Telemedicine appointments at Lake Nona Opthalmology are perfect to help patients who can’t make it to an office location. As long as you have an internet connection, a telemedicine appointment (or “virtual appointment”) will allow you to have a video-based appointment with one of our providers.
All telemedicine appointments use HIPAA-compliant software and protocols to ensure your personal health information is protected, just as it would be if you were in the office.
Experience the convenience, flexibility and real-time care telemedicine can offer with our providers.
- Visit with one of our providers face-to-face from anywhere
- Save time and reduce healthcare costs
- Eliminates commuting and travel frustrations
Telemedicine can be delivered using video-conferencing, audio communication, and/or text messaging using mobile phones, tablets, and desktop computers.
You’ll schedule a telemedicine appointment the same way you would an in-person appointment, only you’ll indicate you’d like the appointment to be telemedicine-based.
To use telemedicine:
- You’ll be sent a link to “visit” our office
- Click the link several minutes before your appointment
- Be prepared to be on camera with your physician and support staff (such as a medical assistant or nurse)
- Have a reliable, stable internet connection
- Have any documentation and/or photos necessary ready to upload