As part of our response to COVID-19, we’re taking additional proactive steps to ensure the health and safety of anyone visiting our office so you can feel confident you and your loved ones are protected while at our office.
Here are several common questions and answers addressing our increased safety measures.
Here’s what our team is doing to keep you safe:
- All employees are wearing a mask. For your safety and ours, we’re requesting that patients please wear protective masks at the time of the visit.
- All employees are screened daily for COVID-19. Staff with respiratory symptoms return home and do not return to work until well.
- Removing chairs to keep patients socially distanced in both waiting rooms to a max of three patients
- Continuing no guest policy
- Opening up the schedule by priority
- e.g. patients with glaucoma, AMD, cataracts prior to those just needing glasses.
- After each patient encounter, we’re washing our hands with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- We’re also washing our hands after every time we cough or sneeze.
- We’re routinely cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces such as exam chairs, computer keyboards, and mice, pens, phones, light switches, door handles, faucets, etc.
- Having our team avoid non-urgent personal travel and follow the same return to the office protocols as patients.
- Scheduling daily meetings with staff to share the best practices, workflow adjustments, and protocols.
Our goal is to provide you with the same quality care you’ve always been able to receive with us while following all recommended federal, state and local COVID-19 guidelines.
- Loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
The health and safety of our team, our patients and our community is our top priority. If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of the virus, please contact our office and reschedule your appointment as soon as you can.
If an issue arises where your recovery would be affected due to COVID-19, a member of our team will reach out to inform you of the situation and available options to you and your loved ones.