Lake Nona Ophthalmology’s Med Spa features the Palomar Icon by Cynosure.
Palomar Icon by Cynosure is a top of the line complete aesthetic system with the latest laser technology that offers safe and effective results that can be performed in just minutes with you back to your daily routine the same day.
The results of this innovative technology meet or exceed current gold standard treatments. It provides a variety of aesthetic treatment options ranging from hair removal, facial vessel and pigment clearance (sun spots, melasma), surgical and acne scar treatment, non-ablative facial treatments, photofacials, and more.
The innovation behind the Palomar Icon by Cynosure provides several benefits that other lasers don’t offer including:
- Skintel Melanin Reader: A revolutionary device that determines the average melanin density of skin prior to treatment.
- Advanced Contact CoolingTM: Cooling maintains temperature at 5° Celsius during treatments for enhanced comfort and skin protection.
- Various Microlenses for customized treatments:
XFTM Microlens: High-speed, non-ablative fractional resurfacing with increased surface coverage typically allows for a full face, one-pass treatment in less than 15 minutes.
XDTM Microlens: Non-ablative fractional resurfacing that uses point compression and a unique lens design to allow for a greater depth of penetration.
- AccuSpectrumTM: Dual filters minimize unnecessary epidermal exposure, enhancing client comfort.
- Photon RecyclingTM: Maximizes treatment results by reducing energy loss.
- Smooth PulseTM: Proprietary light delivery system that allows for the usage of greater amounts of energy.
- Power: Delivering a maximum effective energy of over 350 joules, Icon is the most powerful laser and optimized light aesthetic platform.
When you choose the Palomar Icon by Cynosure as your aesthetic system you will need to take a few steps before your treatment.
At least 4 weeks prior to your appointment, discontinue unprotected sun exposure, tanning beds and tanning creams on the areas receiving treatment. Also, be sure to remove all makeup and lotions prior to the treatment.
When you come in for your treatment, Dr. Patel and his staff will go over the procedure with you and explain each step so your are comfortable throughout the process. Depending on the size of the area, treatments can take just minutes.
Before the optimized pulsed light handpiece is used, a gel is applied to your skin where you will receive treatment. You will also be provided eye shields to protect yourself from the light during treatment.
The treatment will begin with Dr. Patel guiding the Icon™ handpiece over the treatment area. The handpiece will provide a cooling sensation for increased comfort throughout the procedure. You may also feel a slight rubber-band like snapping when the energy is being delivered into your skin which disappears almost immediately. Generally, patients experience a warm sensation after treatment.
To reduce this warming sensation, a cooling gel may be applied to your skin after treatment. Due to the minimally invasive nature of this procedure, no bandages or ointments are necessary. Although you may feel as though you have a sunburn for a few days, you can resume your normal day to day activities immediately following treatment.
Below are before and after images of patients who have had tremendous success with the Palomar Icon by Cynosure.